Monday, March 10, 2008

Rhizomeeeeeeeeee??

Ok, so I know this response is late, and now that we discussed it in class, I cant help but take the ideas from the other student’s blogs and the class discussion.  But that’s ok, because I didn’t understand this reading at all, maybe I was spacing out, maybe it’s even worse than our previous readings, but it is now apparent to me that digital artists and web artists, or those involved in web art, find it entirely necessary to write in the most complex ways possible.  I’m not stupid, but I don’t think it is necessary to make it so hard for me to read, I literally have to go over every sentence and decode it in my head, it takes forever to read and I still get nothing.  I did learn, via wikipedia and other sources, what the idea of a rhizome is, which helped.  To add to that, Randall’s blog helped me to understand its relationship to the internet, and now I think I have slight understanding of what the reading was meant to be about, but damn, does it have to be this hard???

No comments: